Stress Relief During Stressful Times
COVID-19 really shook our world upside down, huh?
This past year + between being in lockdown, a civil rights movement, individuals losing their jobs, financial hardship, relationship hardship, etc., has really wreaked havoc on our lives and has certainly caused a lot of stress (as if we really needed more, right?!)
As a coach here at Nutrition Dynamic, I wanted to provide you with some of my favorite (and my clients favorite) stress relief techniques that aren’t just yoga and meditating!
Don’t knock em’ until you try em! I think you might be surprised at how good these are!
- Affirmations. Seriously. Get some sticky notes and write down positive quotes, things you love about yourself, etc. and place them in an area that you go frequently throughout your day.
- Create a gratitude list. Daily or weekly. It’s really easy to get caught up in the stresses of life, but it’s important to remember the good things, too!
- Journaling. Dump out ALL your thoughts before bed and/or when you wake up!
- Journal prompts.
- Reiki sessions/energy healing
- Epsom salt baths
- Essential oils
- Breathing techniques (I personally love the Wim Hoff Breathing app and box breathing)
- Animal therapy
- Get out and go for a nice walk!
- Establish a nighttime routine. Try to avoid screens 45 minute to an hour before bed!
- Music! I really do believe in the power of music. There are lots of different playlists on YouTube, Spotify, etc. that are calming and stress relieving
By no means is this an exhaustive list of stress relief techniques, but I do hope you can pick out one or two to add into your routine. Give some of these a try and see what works best for you!
Also, if you need a little extra boost to help with stress levels right now, I HIGHLY recommend one of our most popular products here at Nutrition Dynamic. It’s called Cort-Eaze. Check it out!
Hope you enjoyed this advice, if you'd like more help with mindset or stress management CLICK HERE for a free consultation with our team!